If you want your home free of pests, start with basic home maintenance.
1. Make sure there is proper drainage around the exterior of your home. Standing, stagnate water will attract pests. Eliminate standing water from the exterior of your home.
2. Caulk around windows, doors, soffits, and any cracks or crevices that insects can crawl through.
3. Maintain a tight seal around the exterior doors in your home. Over time, the sweep on the bottom of the doors can deteriorate. Inspect often and replace when needed.
4. Keep your pets food area clean. When not in use, move food off of floor to avoid insects infesting the food dishes.
5. Keep kitchen clean after meals and avoid leaving food out for long periods of time.
6. Sign up for a quarterly pest control program to maximize results.